Dyer's Garden Along

For fiber artists who have a dye garden in 2006.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ceallach, how does your garden grow?

My garden which got in late, has a lot of things in it....unfortunately, the dyeing part is not so great, but the veggies are going great!

My tomatoes have flowers and one has clusters of fruit. My zuchini has flowers and some fruit, the cucumbers have flowers, as do the peppers and watermelon.

But the most amazing part is the amaranth.....Unfortunately I don't have photos, but it is dark red with the youngest part of the leaf this amazing bright red.....I hope it will make nice dyes!

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger hobbitknitter said...

ooh, the amaranth sounds beautiful! You should post a pic. :)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger jairus' daughter said...

I've got amaranth growing too! I bought seeds because they said "red dye" on them -- but unfortunately none of my books have "recipes" for the dye. Do you have any hints as to what mordant to use or how long to boil? thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home