Dyer's Garden Along

For fiber artists who have a dye garden in 2006.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Sorry About That!

Sorry I posted somethings intended for another blog. I am only beginning to learn how to manipulate this blog website.

For my garden post: My tomato seedlings were killed off a couple of weedks ago in an overnight frost. A pity. I finally sprouted some heirloom tomatoes. I would have liked to have tasted them.

So now I am going to have to go to the nursery and buy tomato plants. Sigh.

By the way, I read somewhere that tomatoes, or the plant, or leaves perhaps, can be used to dye things. Anyone heard anyything about this? Mordant needed?

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger hobbitknitter said...

Yeah I've heard that as well!

They use the stalks and leaves if I remember correctly, I'll check my book and get back to you on that.

I do remember that the mordant is allum, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home