Dyer's Garden Along

For fiber artists who have a dye garden in 2006.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Starting Seeds

Hi all! It's been quite a while since I've used Blogger... so pardon any errors please :)

We're starting seeds this week, we usually start on Feb 14, but that didn't work out this year. What is everyone planning to plant? I always do marigolds for companion planting and pest control, and I did make a great yellow dye that seems to have held up (the wool is still vibrantly yellow). I'm really new to dyeing and such, so the marigold is really all I've ever done. What other plants would be good for a beginner?

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

I'm new to gardening and such! Pretty much have a black thumb, but I'm trying to plant a dyers garden this year. My seed packets for indigo, madder, coreopsis, and a couple others have arrived. I guess I'll try starting the seeds this weekend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home